Not with a Bang, But A with a whimper"
TS Eliot, The Hollow Men "
I remember that in June this year, circulated in the network video Neda death of girl killed by the Iranian Basij militia loyal to Ahmadinejad, during the protests for political fraud that led to power yet another madman who ignores history.
If you do not remember, was this:
I mean, I am the daughter of my time, I was accustomed to in the media and so on to scenes of gratuitous violence, incomprehensible, and autosoddisfatta end in itself. I grew up on bread and splatter video games, bombed by scurrilous language that defines a euphemism for boarders. And this is all in all though I grew up in a padded room, trying to keep as far away as possible from the ugly, as long as was possible. Obviously I was swallowed up by this spiral of trash, that blood calls for blood, the gladiatorial games that satisfy our desires and most perverse, since I had the ability to discern independently the surrounding reality, I chose to avoid this lack of beauty, goodness, this evil is inconceivable. I avoid it but still can not say I remain very puzzled when I hear the usual facts of the crime that fill our magazines and our mouths the most becere banality. I take note, not to lapse into vulgarity to comment on things so aberrant from my conception of life. I take note, this does not understand them. And I've learned, often at my expense, that many times you can not dig deep. Sometimes the reality of certain actions to be taken as a dogma and it is frustrating for those who least want to know and understand, but when you're faced with a horror that, to which you have accustomed , what are you doing?
Nothing. Do you think, or so I do, to leave the world a little better at night as you found in the morning. This will not save lives, perhaps, but makes you feel better, even if only with themselves.
Well, I remember that after the video of Neda, I was icy. And second, surprised by my genuine reaction. I thought it was strange that I remain amazed that a horror that, after all, had we made the call. I remember being motionless, looking at the screen for several seconds, incredulos.
's so that a person dies, then? So natural, smooth, quiet, discreet ... the only sounds are those of a reality that no longer exists, which ceases to yell when your eyes are closed, in which the blood flows do not feel it ... that's how it works? Silent, as the extinguishing of a candle, insignificant ...
Maybe I thought that in those few seconds of surprise.
Well, yesterday when I saw the video of the Camorra quell'uccisione of mold in a large European city, in 2009, I was thinking the same old thing, here is another scene of madness that I will inevitably lead to I think that such things can not or will never happen, I look at it yes, but with indifference and detachment, as we look at an aquarium.
But this did not happen. E 'success as with Neda. I was amazed.
's so that a life ends? Natural gestures such as a cigarette dangling in front of a store, natural gestures like taking something from his pocket, natural gestures like pressing a trigger
a
two
thrice.
And meanwhile the people pass, play at Grattaevinci-knows that it is not the right time to buy the bread-and stroll in a sunny autumn day. Walks, and maybe come across something that does not want to or can see that NOT CAN 'ENABLE to see. And then? So this something you ignore it, it glosses, is invisible. The
is ignored as the anger and frustration and sadness that every day takes you inside but hiding, like dust under the carpet.
It is ignored because we hide covering her eyes, because if we do not see others, how can others see us?
No?
0 comments:
Post a Comment